Storage Systems EngineerDallas/Fort Worth Area
Storage Systems Engineer
The Storage Systems Engineer (SSE) position is based out of Soccour Solutions headquarters in Plano and will be responsible for advanced level presales and postsales support of datacenter server systems, enterprise storage, solution qualification, architecture, design, customer service, and solution implementation. Requires broad understanding of multiple technologies. Expert knowledge of datacenter storage, backup/recovery system administration, product deployment and end user support experience with multiple Soccour technology vendors: HDS, NetApp, EMC, CommVault, and Symantec/Veritas is a must. Focuses on providing innovative technical solutions and strategies in order to solve complex issues and clients' business problems.
Accountability and Responsibilities
- Assists sales staff with preparation for sales meetings, creating customer presentations, demonstrating technologies and solutions while focusing on the technology details relevant to client needs.
- Works with sales staff in customer engagements to build longstanding client relationships and drive revenue.
- Works with Soccour partners technical staff to keep Soccour abreast of current partner direction and programs.
- Responsible for building relationships with technical staff of Soccour customers and prospective customers.
- Network with and maintain membership/presence of local technical user organizations related to Soccour strategic alliances and represents Soccour honorably and professionally.
- Analyze and tune architectures of strategic application implementations. Uses available tools to verify proper operation of complex configurations.
- Trains junior members of the team and sales staff on new and existing complex technology.
- Keeps abreast of competitive and industry trends.
- Other various duties as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- BA/BS, Business Administration/Computer Science or related
- Expertise in one or more core product/technology areas: HDS VSP/HUS, NetApp, VMware, CommVault, EMC Storage/Software, Symantec/Veritas Software, Microsoft Exchange/Sharepoint, Oracle Engineered Systems, Disaster Recovery, Data Lifecycle Management, and Data Protection.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role as described by responsibilities outlined above
- Ability to solve complex technical and functional problems and work with accounts in complex political environments. Highly personable and diplomatic; ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Presentation skills including ability to explain technical concepts and benefits to business decision makers.
- Experience working with MS Windows, Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX.
- Experience working with system virtualization: VMware, MS Hyper-V, Solaris containers, XEN.
- Experience with one of the following databases; Oracle, Sybase, Microsoft SQL Server, Informix, MySQL.
- Experience in programming using VB, C++, Perl, shell scripting, and/or Java
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently on complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentations.
- High integrity a requirement
Soccour Solutions is a 12 year old technology solutions provider built upon a solid foundation comprised of integrity, proficiency, and reputation, Soccour’s main objective is to assist our clients by working together in assessing business requirements and delivering efficient technology solutions that solve complex problems.
Soccour Solutions specializes in the architecture and delivery of datacenter infrastructure solutions from industry leading vendors such as Oracle, Hitachi Data Systems, EMC, Dell, NetApp, Symantec, VMware, CommVault, Data Domain, and Brocade. Since our inception, the mission of Soccour (Greek verb; "to help") has been simple: Soccour is 100% committed to helping our clients.
Technology alone does not enable business. Solutions that leverage technology, Soccour's knowledge, expertise, and experience, along with a strong understanding of your business goals, do enable business.
- Mid-Senior level
- Engineering/Technical Sales
- Information Services, Computer & Network Security, Computer Software, Computer Hardware, Information Technology and Services